Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Week

   The sky is weird this morning.  Bright sunshine in the east and dark clouds in the west.  The forsythia is in full bloom!  Somehow it managed to move from it's original place in front of the living room window

...where it is still going strong...to in the middle of the big window in the TV room. The 2 bushes are not
connected above ground!  Both bushes were beautiful yesterday in the sunshine framed in the windows.  Looked like Spring!  And Easter!
    Jeff's sister, Sherry, and my cousin, Ed, joined us for dinner yesterday. I cooked a pork loin on the Ronco and it was perfect.  Rubbed it with A1 Dry Rub-bold original flavor and let it spin for 2 hours and then for another 1/2 hour without the heat.  So good!!  I felt lazy so I bought a bottle of Heinz's pork gravy instead of making my own.  It was suppose to have 6 servings in the jar and Jeff and Ed did a good job on it! There was just enough left to pour over the couple of slices of pork in the doggie bag I had for Ed to take home!  Only 3" of the loin was left when I went to bed and Jeff finished that off as his midnight snack.  Actually, we bought the whole loin and cut half of it into pork chops.  The part I cooked for dinner was about 9" long and weighted about 4 lbs.  Just enough for the 4 of us...with some left for snacks for Jeff and Ed!
   Walmart had corn on the cob on display Friday when we went in to pick up my Rx so my Easter menu got a quick change.  It was nice, tender corn, too!  My Easter bread was a little dry but it's almost gone as are my cookies.  Of course, I sent some of both home with Ed and we shared the chocolate cake he brought for dessert.  Only 1 piece is left...I think Jeff may have forgotten about it...out of sight, out of mind...since I put it in the refrigerator.  I used my mom's pink tablecloth but I think it's getting old.  I noticed a worn spot that I hide with my place setting.  Guess I'll  shop around for a new tablecloth!
  I ordered cherry tree bushes last week and just got the notice that I should get them tomorrow. They get
Hansen's Bush Cherryonly 4'tall and I asked Jeff if I could use 4 of the boxes in the garden.  That would put the cherries above the deer's heads and maybe we'd get to eat them ourselves.  We'll see.  The only notice I've gotten so far about the rainbow tomatoes seeds that I ordered about a month ago was that I'd get them in '10-45 days'.  Still waiting.
   I have to work tomorrow morning in the shop so I should finish the sweater I've been s-l-o-w-l-y working on.  I don't need it to replace anything...it's the wrong color...but my stock bag is empty.  I bought a skein of amethyst (purple) but haven't started anything with it, yet. Maybe a size 1 sweater.... 
   I have 3 reasons to get dressed and go to town this morning.  When I replaced the baseball hat that sold the first week we were open, I used up the last of the skein of white yarn so I should stop at Walmart and buy another.  One of the shop members and a good friend of mine fell at home hitting his head on cement stairs.  He ended up in ICU for several days and is now in rehab.  I want to get a card to send to him.  And all my library books are due so I better return them before they start charging me overdue fines! 
   Oh, and Fanny gets to go to the vet's on Wednesday to have her ear checked. I am so looking forward to that...not.

No comments: