Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Knitting and Planting

      While Jeff's been busy outside in the greenhouse, I've been knitting.  I finished the first of 3 size 2 sweaters I got in an order from the shop.  It's a Black Sheep Hoodie and just needs the embroidered trim and 3 buttons sewed in the Henley neck.  I'm waiting for the woman to decide what color she wants the accent color to be so, last night I started another Crocus shawl.  This one is in Red Heart's 'with Love'  Iced Aqua and is worked on a US 10 1/2 needle.  'With Love' is a 100 % acrylic yarn that starts out soft and stays that way thru many washes.  The lace edge of the shawl shows up much better when worked on the larger needles.  I'll start the 2nd sweater...a size 2 Train Hoodie...this week.  I've got to get blue (for the sky) and white (for snow) yarn but the train will use up the odds and ends in my yarn basket for the different train cars and trees.  Evergreen trees will be embroidered behind the train but the only other trim for that sweater is the wheels of the train cars...and a couple of white puffs of smoke from the train's stack...all 4-whole flat buttons.


      Jeff moved the gutter pipes to the chipped side of the greenhouse and transferred all the pails he has already planted.  He had a leak in a pipe and had to take the set up apart in order to reseal it.  So far the

seal is holding and he'll set up the pipes again
after he gets more woodchips.  He even fixed a chair so he can sit inside and view his handiwork!  Jeff thinks a small load of chips will finish covering the
greenhouse floor but
they won't go to waste.  I'm sure he'll find someplace that will benefit from a covering of woodchips!  The water tubes run from the water barrel thru PVC pipe under the woodchips and
up to the ends of the gutter pipes.  This way the water tubes are protected and no one will trip over them.  And Jeff transplanted the blackberry plants I got last week.  They came with the flower buds on
and all this rain really helped them open up. 
The rain also kept them ...and all the petunias I had bought... alive coz I had put the flats out front and neither of us remembered they were there, so they didn't get watered!  Tomorrow I've got to get some begonias
for the greenhouse...to attract the bees.  It's really looking like a working greenhouse! Stop by sometime when you're in the neighborhood and see for yourself.  Jeff will be happy to explain everything about it!





No comments: