Monday, June 20, 2016

What a Monday...so far!

      Jeff started epidural steroid injections again today with a procedure on his right shoulder.  Luckily, Dr. DeSantis now does the procedures at the Herkimer Health Center so we didn't have to travel to the Bassett Health Center in Hartwick Seminary.  But the appointment was for 8am so our house was up and moving by 6am.  Lovely.  Next week, she'll be working on him at a more reasonable time of 9:30am.  We know the procedures work...but the steroids screw up Jeff's blood sugar so we have to be extra careful with his diet for awhile.
   We left Fanny home this morning because we weren't sure how long the procedure would take or how warm it would get in the car.  I emptied all the wastebaskets (didn't leave her anything to investigate) and garbage pail in the kitchen.  I found a dead mouse next to the computer table (mama from the nest in the yarn box who visited several times after being evicted??) and had Jeff get rid
of it.  I guess the house was rather boring to Fanny because when we got home I found an empty bread bag which had held half a loaf of French bread empty on my bed.  I thought the bread was safely out of her reach on the counter in front of the micro but she managed to get it anyway! (That counter top is 38" high and the bread was 6-8" back from the edge!)  I think Fanny was getting even because I did not get her a granola chewstick like I usually do when we leave her alone.
   Yesterday I finished by 3-sweater order and took them up to Judy's so she can ship the order with other things from the shop.  The Black Sheep hoodie was a snap to do...I've done so many, I swear I can do one in my sleep...but the other 2 were more difficult.  The Train hoodie has a fair amount of embroidery to finish it and the Red Bird sweater is worked with a lot of small balls of yarn so when the knitting is done there are many ends to be worked in.  Then the bead eyes have to be sewn on and the embroidery trim to be finished.  All the sweaters had buttons (and the hoodies had zippers) to be sewn on and as I was sewing the last pearl button on the Red Bird sweater, I dropped it. Do you think I could find it? Everything else I dropped landed in the chair between my legs but not that pearl!  I looked on   the floor, moved furniture and my yarn basket.     Jeff was even crawling around, reaching under the   couch to see if he could feel the button!  I wanted   to cry.  I decided to wait till morning and stop at Walmart on my way to Judy's, hoping that they might have the same buttons.  Otherwise I'd just get 8 different buttons and sew them on at Judy's. 
   Sunday morning I was cleaning up the TV room
a little.  I picked up 2 skeins of yarn that had rolled out of the yarn basket and a couple of paper sleeves from other skeins that needed to be thrown away when I found the button on the floor!  I don't know if it had gotten tangled in a skein of yarn or what but I quickly sewed it in place. (And said a thank you prayer to Sts. Anthony and Joseph for answering   my plea...you know, 'St Anthony and St Joseph please come around, something is lost and must be found'.  Hey, it works!!)
   After we got home from Bassett this morning     Jeff went back to mixing dirt and wishing for a cement mixer to do it for him and I mowed some lawn.  The hill around the bean tower is done and most of the west side of the house. But I had to coil up the water hose that's over there before I mowed!  There's plenty of tall weeds that still need  to be cut so I did the patch that was under the  parlor window.  Maybe now I can trim the forsythia that's there.  After supper I'll attack another section of weeds.  Maybe.

No comments: