Wednesday, June 22, 2016

It's Offically Summer

   It must be summer because look who's back up on his bike in our flower box!  Uncle Sam's making his annual appearance a little faded (good gosh, he must be at least 20 years old...and that's old for a whirl-a-jig!) and held together with electrical tape (it matches the black plastic sticks) but those wheels still go round!  He welcomed a lot of family and friends to camp during that time and enjoyed a lot of good times.  He's been guarding the garden boxes the last few years since we sold camp.  Wonder if he knows the difference?  I've still got to get my old geranium outside but it's on the other side of the parlor, behind the rest of the 'garden waiting to be transplanted' and I can't get to it until Jeff gets those plants outside.   Soon.

    The bean tower is planted with tomatoes and peppers...and 2 whirl-a-jigs...and the 2 side boxes are planted with corn and I can't wait until it starts peaking thru those holes in the landscape fabric!


   Here's one of the hanging baskets with  Million Bells that the hummingbirds like so well.  And the other one that's hanging in the backdoor of the greenhouse with regular petunias.

    The lawn is about 90% mowed.  The only part I couldn't do is in front of the greenhouse where Jeff has parts of the old greenhouse stored waiting to be dismantled.  Once he does that, I can get that mowed.  Maybe later this week.  Jeff had an MRI on his back today and for some reason the radio waves cause his
back muscles to spasm.  He could barely walk from the machine back to the dressing room.  Even the technician knew he was in pain! 
   I think I'll spend this afternoon knitting hats.  I'm out of baseball hats in the shop and I'm working on Sunday so I have enough time to make 6 or so.  Gotta stock up for the 4th of July!  Just call me the Mad Hatter!

No comments: