Wednesday, August 26, 2015

This and That

     Just back from the medical center where I had a regular visit with my nurse and scored a 4.8 on my INR test (my normal range is 2.5-3.5).  The only thing I've been doing different is taking hydrocod/aceta at night for the pain in my right hand...and it is a prescribed med!  (In fact, I'm prescribed '1 5-325mg tab 2x/day as needed' and I'm only taking 1/2 a tab at bedtime.)  Now I'm waiting for Jen to call and tell me how the doctor's going to change my warfarin dose.  I can't wait.  I'm already wearing a flannel shirt over a long sleeve t-shirt.  If they up my warfarin I'll be adding a sweater in a day or two...no matter what the temperature outside is!  I don't understand why they can't come up with something easier to live with than warfarin when you have an artificial heart valve.  Can't eat greens...hey, I'm Italian!! and now, can't take pain meds.
      The last few days I've been cleaning house and not knitting but that is getting old fast!  I think this afternoon will be spend sitting in the sun knitting a hat or two.  Nice mindless knitting:  63 sts of worsted yarn on a US7 in stockinette for 4", then decrease down to 7 sts, pull thru and sew the seam.  I left enough baseball hats in the shop Monday for the week but need flower hats.  And pumpkin hats...but I'm out of orange yarn.   They will have to wait until my next trip to town.  After my blood test this morning I wasn't in the mood to go to Walmart for yarn...or anything.   I've got to wash the windows in the bedrooms and I'm out of paper towels so that can go on my shopping list, too.  I ordered new curtains for the small bedroom...to match the master bedroom...semi sheer whites.  Hope they get here soon...just after windows are washed!  Hey, I just might get my fall cleaning done while it's still summer...then I can spend my free time stacking wood.

No comments: