Saturday, August 1, 2015

Summer Keeps Rolling Along

   It's August 1st already!  When did that happen?  Half of the summer is gone already and we've had only 1 day over 90!  I'm taking so much Warfarin the heat doesn't bother me.  I may be the only person who was comfortable on that 90 degree day!
   I worked in the shop today and found my hat display ravaged by customers.   I had sold 20 hats
My Hat Display this morning 8/1/15

during July!  Good thing I brought hats today to restock!  The display looked much better by the end of the day.  The Pumpkin Hats were back in the Halloween display
and the Baseball and

My Hat Display at the end of the day
Flower Hats had been
replenished.  I like that
light blue Bucket hat on the left side of this photo but no one seems to agree with me enough to buy it.  It's cotton and would make a nice sun hat for a toddler.  Oh, well, somewhere out there there is a shopper looking for that hat.  Hope they make it to Cooperstown soon.                      
 I also brought 2 sweaters that got a lot of compliments.  This (L) is the 2nd Black Sheep Sweater I've done this summer. (The black sheep is on the back.) 
The first one sold quickly.  Hope this one does, too.  The other sweater I took down today is  this Blue Flower on Lemon Sweater (R).  I like this sweater but I wasn't too happy when I ran out of yarn near the bottom and had to buy another skein to finish it.  Much to my surprise, my Pin Stripe Sweater sold today!  I keep saying I'll only do one a year but it didn't last on the shelf very long and I'm tempted to do another...maybe a smaller size.  It might stripe up faster!  We'll see.
   While I was in the shop Jeff and Fanny were at home together.  He was busy cutting wood and Fanny was busy collecting mementos of me...one of my Crocs, a pair of panties...you get the idea...and taking them to bed with her.  Since she hasn't slept on my bed in 3 or 4 nights it seems strange she should use my bed to store her treasures.  At least she won't forget me!
Blue Potatoes
Baked Blue Potatoes
   We've also started to enjoy the garden.  Some of the potatoes may not be large (so I just cook extras) but they all have been good!  We have a very colorful potato patch...red, white and blue potatoes.  Here are some of the blues which stay blue when cooked...except when fried, then they turn black.  The white potatoes are still the best...they get the biggest but we're enjoying them all.  Jeff's also picking zucchini...that's on the menu for tomorrow!



                                                                           



No comments: