Monday, August 17, 2015

On Saturday...

      Fanny and I went to Cooperstown Saturday to stock the shop.  Jeff didn't feel like taking the trip in the hot humid weather, but we girls just rolled down the car windows, turned up the radio and enjoyed the trip.  The traffic was brisk so I set the 'cruise' at 58 mph and we rolled along with the crowd.  Fanny had her head to the window...with her nose in the breeze catching the farm and lake smells.  Good thing we slowed the cruise control down to 38 mph along the lake coz we passed a trooper leading the traffic going north! (It's a 35 mph area!)
    Anita, one of our jewelers, was working in the shop when we got there and she had the earrings I had ordered to go with the scarf pin she made me in June.  Beautiful, aren't they?  Now I just have to
find time to make a scarf or cowl that really shows them off.  She makes
some fantastic earrings but I can't wear french wires...I have a short, fat neck and tend to flip them out!
   I put the 2 hoodie sweaters and this flower sweater (all are size 2) on display but I forgot the clips to hang the hoods correctly.  (Oh, well I'll put them in my bag and if the sweaters are still there next week I'll hang them then.) The embroidery is a little different on this sweater, too. Gotta keep changing things, keeping them fresh. I also put out 3 baseball, 1 pumpkin and 1 flower hat.  When we got home I started a Black Sheep sweater...again, a size 2...in Frosty Green.  Instead of another flying trip to the shop, I'm going to mail this one to Judy...with a couple of hats.  The postage will be less than gas and a trip to the post office will be shorter than to Cooperstown!
   We topped the trip with a stop for ice cream...at McDonald's coz I wasn't sure Fanny liked ice cream.  I had them flip her cone into a cup and she gobbled it down, totally enjoying it!  I did, too!! Jeff said he's never met a dog who doesn't like ice cream.
   Yesterday Jeff switched computers on me/for me again.  His sister got a new all-in-one and handed down her 2 yr old Dell.  Jeff's PC is only 3 yrs old so I got a new PC...again.  And I had just finished downloading Windows 10 to the rebuilt HP!  Anyway, this Dell has great contrast and hooks up to the TV so we can watch programs streaming from the internet...which I have been doing on the HP!  Jeff hasn't figured out how to get the TV to play the audio from the PC but since they're about 5 ft apart we can just turn up the audio on the PC until he does.  We've got the speakers to the Dell we can use if Jeff can figure out where to plug them into the TV. 
   Supper last night was very good...if I say so myself.  We had Angie's Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breasts, egged and breaded in her special way but done on the RONCO instead of fried), hot Italian sausage (also on the RONCO), blue potato salad...now that was kind of weird because blue potatoes stay blue almost purple when cooked, and breaded and fried zucchini...from our garden.  There was just enough leftover for Jeff's late night snack! Supper was so good there wasn't any need for dessert!!

1 comment:

Sharon in CA said...

You do beautiful work and your items should sell fast!