Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Keeping Busy

   Yesterday was Fanny's 3rd anniversary with us. (Seems longer.)  To celebrate we decided to get
subs for supper...no dishes or pots and pans, right... so, how come the sink was full of dirty dishes this morning...I never win.  Oh, well, it was worth it...and so is she.
   Jeff will be picking greens again today and I'll be steaming them and putting them in the freezer to use later.  The Romaine really started to grow after the first harvest. x We mix the Romaines with spinach and lettuce...and I don't know what else...and just steam and freeze them.  When we want greens, I just defrost and drain them very well, saute them in olive oil with onions and garlic, put in some hot peppers, pepperoni or salami, grated cheese and salt and pepper.  Yum, they are good even if they mess up my INR(clotting factor for you non-medical/non-warfarin folks.)
   The potatoes are doing well. x Jeff thinks we'll be digging potatoes in about a month.  Then he's got to
put something else in their place.
    We've decided to try an all-cotton corner in our baby section in the shop and I had to look online to find a yarn company that had 100% cotton yarn that wasn't for dishcloths.  I found one...LoveKnitting and ended up ordering 6 skeins of 100% cotton yarn...and a short size 8 circular needle to spend the $50 that gets free shipping...in pink, blue and mint. The   packages...2 of them...arrived this week and last night I put aside the shawl I'm doing as a graduation present for my cousin's granddaughter (the lace border is driving me crazy and I'm running out of time) and made a baby hat...newborn size...in the delicate pinkx.  Not bad.  Now it's time to get that shawl finished.  Oh, LoveKnitting is in West Yorkshire, England.  The yarn comes in neat drawstring net bags with a piece or two of hard candy.  The mailing bags are pink plastic...so cute.  And the yarn seems good, too.

x-I'll post photos tonight but right now it's time to knit.

No comments: