Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hurray for HP

      My pc finally had a fatal seizure...at least, Jeff hasn't been able to totally revive  it yet.  At the same time, he has been working on getting a friend's rebuilt HP to recognize and play discs (dvd's, cd's, etc) without much luck...making it useless for the friend.  We asked Len if I could borrow his HP until I get a new pc...to see if I like HP's before I spend the money for one, and Len...being such a good guy...said of course.  Today Jeff set up the HP...monitor and all, and even plugged my HP printer into it.  Now, I was positive that wasn't going to work coz the printer had stopped working with a snap, crackle and pop several months ago but the HP column and the HP printer made nice-nice and it worked!  (It may have been a driver in my E-machine column that snapped, crackled and popped and not the printer.)  The monitor is huge (20" diagonal) and makes watching AcornTV even better...no wonder Len wanted to play dvd's on this machine.  The keyboard is a gaming-board and lights up...a little distracting.  So far the HP column and monitor are at the top of my list....I just have to learn how to upload photos.  Unfortunately, I haven't found Spider Solitaire on it yet.

No comments: