Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Perfect Day to Mow the Lawn

       Although it is beautiful outside, sunny and warm...a perfect day to mow the lawn... I am following strict orders and not touching the lawnmower.  It has been spitting oil and making a clanking sound that means the blade is loosening and ready to falling! (And Jeff thinks I don't listen to him!)  So, instead of doing my share of lawn chores, I am knitting...going cross-eyed, stiffed necked and downright crazy...working on 2 shawls. (Photos when they are finished.) One I want to give as a graduation present, the other will go to the shop.  I'm not sure which is which because I like them both.  And they both seem to dislike me equally.  I keep losing my place on the chart for one and screwing up that pattern, and forgetting how to count with the other one and not increasing evenly...and I haven't even got to the chart for that one yet!  I think I'll have to buy more yarn for both...hope Walmart gets it in soon...or all the time and pain I've put in them will be wasted.
     I told Jeff I thought I'd like a Husqvarna lawnmower so today he went to Lowe's to check them out.  I thought a simple one...pull-start, rear bag, 'human' propelled...would do, but Jeff thinks a self-propelled would be a better idea.  We'll see.  I can just see me hanging on for dear life as this powerful machine goes roaring around my yarn...if I let go, will it go on alone??  At least we agreed to forget the electric start.  (How many baby sweaters will it take to pay for one?  Hope June and July's sales stay as strong as April and May's were!)
   Oh-oh, Jeff is outside giving the old Craftsman lawnmower CPR!  He had it running and got most of the back yard mowed when it suddenly died.  Must be he had zero luck restarting it coz now he's got the weedwacker going and is trimming around the trees and boxes along the driveway with that. I think that Husqvarna just went to the top of my wish list!


No comments: