Tuesday, May 5, 2015

More Spring Time

      The weather continues to be fantastic and we've been spending a lot of time outdoors, planting the garden and just sitting there talking.  We even had lunch outside today!!   I planted the "Flower Rockets*" in the top levels of 3 of the corner boxes Sunday morning.  The one closest to my bedroom window is suppose to be a 'fragrant mix' and the other 2 are zinnas and painted daisys...bright color mixes.  Hope the bees and butterflies like them!  They were a birthday gift from a friend. Wally from next door stopped over a couple of times and told us about going to the Turning Stone for the big televised fight.  Not our kind of thing but to each his own.  
   Today Jeff put up the new flag holder on the garage.  We'll see tonight if it turns on the motion light.  A couple of hummingbirds tried to visit today, too, but were disappointed to find our feeders empty.  It's early for the hummers to be around so I hadn't gotten the liquid feed yet.  That's on the top of my list for tomorrow morning!  #2 is a new coco mat for a hanging pot so I can plant the strawberry plants Jeff got me for my birthday.  He's got the potatoes, onions, garlic, beans and lettuce planted.  It's a little early to put pepper plants outside and the greenhouse still needs to be re-covered so Jeff's got me in charge of the 2 flats of transplants sitting in the tv room in front of a window. 
   I love making bread with the machine I got at that garage sale!  I put the ingredients together after lunch today for a loaf of Italian bread and 3 1/2 hrs later...here it is!  And, boy, is it good!  Jeff's waiting for whole wheat bread but I'm waiting for him to buy molasses for the compost bin so I can 'borrow' some from him!  I thought these loaves were big but they don't last as long as a store-bought loaf of bread.  Toast, sandwiches...even PBJ tastes great on this bread!
.

*Flower Rockets are pre-planted biodegradable mats that come rolled up.  You dig a hole and plant the bomb.  Water it 2x a day until it sprouts and as needed.

No comments: