Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter

      Yesterday was Easter and Jeff's sister Sherry and my cousin Ed joined us for dinner.  Jeff got a large bone-in ham and I cooked a pretty decent dinner. Fanny knew something was up because of the good smells coming from the kitchen...and because I was running around cleaning house!  She was excited when Jeff left her run around the house, and later when he went out for firewood and she went with him and got to run around some more.  Sherry is one of Fanny's favorite people...reasons to follow...but she's not too sure about Ed.  She kept an eye on him all day...either from beside Jeff or from under the kitchen table.  When it was time for dinner Fanny was already in her regular place but Sherry sat in Jeff's usual spot.  That worked out fine for Fanny cos Sherry was soon passing bits of ham down to her!  (That's why she likes her so much!)  By the end of the day when everyone had gone home we were both exhausted.  I decided to sit in my room and read before bed while Fanny went straight to sleep...practicing her 'Princess and the Pea' routine with my pillows.  She was good until 11:30pm when I was ready to sleep and she was ready to go outside...but she did sleep the rest of the night! 
It's exhausting being a good dog.

No comments: