Thursday, April 23, 2015

It Happened Again

   About 2 weeks ago I spent $95 to have my PC cleaned and rebooted because it wasn't working.  It worked beautifully for the 2 weeks after I got it back and I enjoyed watching British TV on AcornTV streaming on my pc.  That ended Sunday night when the damn machine refused to boot up.  Jeff tried and tried and got no results.  He ended up putting the netbook online...but it suddenly didn't have any audio! ...and it's no fun watching a movie without sound.  Besides, the  Caps control key is acting up again and I can't type in an email address.  Jeff hopes that the PC will straighten itself out by being unplugged for a couple of days.*  We'll see or it looks like I may be buying a new computer after all.
  I got my handicap parking sticker renewed and the police voided the parking ticket I had gotten with the expired one.  The folks at the Town Office...where I got the new one...told me not to pay the ticket but I was afraid to just ignore the fee.   But the police said the same thing...we can void it...when I went to pay it so it worked out and the fee was cancelled. And I was lucky...it was only a $20 ticket not a $70 one!
   The shop is doing well this spring. I've sold better this April than any other year!  It's hard to keep up...one knitter can only do so much...I've developed a stiff neck from knitting too much but I'm how can I stop?  Just got to plan my time a little better.  I thought I was doing that...watching AcornTV to relax but I found out that I can knit and watch the computer since I moved a comfortable chair there.  Oh, well!
   Jeff's tried to work the garden boxes but the weather hasn't been very cooperative.  The ground is still frozen...it's snowing right now!  Spring is here, right?

*for some reason unplugging the PC... and leaving it completely unplugged for a couple of days before rebooting... straightens it out and the problem is gone. There is no reason we can find why this works, in fact, most techs say it shouldn't work, but it does. Don't know how long it will stay away but I'm willing to give it a try...anything to delay spending $400 for a new PC!

No comments: