Friday, April 10, 2015

Advantages to Turning 65?

   My pc is 'scrubbed cleaned' and back on line! Today Jeff made sure I could 'stream' and now I can watch my British mysteries on Acorn and everything I've missed on PBS...in fact, this afternoon I watched an episode of 'Call the Midwife' that I had never seen. I've rearranged the furniture in the living room...which is becoming the computer room...so I can sit in comfort in the other wing back chair and watch my computer screen. (No way was I going to sit in my computer chair to watch an hour or two long program!) I've already moved one of the wing backs into my bedroom so I have a comfortable chair to sit in and read...or play cards on my netbook...in there.) Jeff still wants to use the Raku his sister gave us but first we have to get an attachment to plug the TV into the computer.   In the meantime, I'm satisfied with the way things are set up. Now he has to check out the printer connection...maybe it will work, maybe it will have to be replaced. 
   So far I'm glad I gave up Time Warner and saved some money. My pc is thru Earthlink...and yes, I know that's still Time Warner but the price is lower. (Time Warner is all there is around here except for satellite connections and this little house in the little woods has too many trees around it to get a signal.) My phone is Verizon (315-866-1021) and because of my age and income, it's only $25 a month. Together that's a saving of over $75 a month. My health insurance...now medicare and a supplement...went down about $125. Anytime I can save $200 a month I won't complain. Maybe there are advantages to turning 65. 

p.s.  The shop had a fantastic first 2 days sales rush before settling down to the usual early spring sales slump.  15 out of the 18 members sold something in those 2 days but I had to wait until one of the slump days before finally selling something...a baseball hat.  Oh, well, what else would you expect from a baseball town?  I'm scheduled to work tomorrow and the weather's suppose to be pretty good...maybe sales will be, too?

No comments: