Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What A Beautiful Summer Day!

  I finally got to drive home my 'new' Subaru...this one's an '04 Impreza Outback Sport.  Very Sporty! And fast...for me...ol'lead foot...zoom zoom!  So far, I like it...very much.  Jeff's got to get the Outback wagon inspected and then have new rear struts... and the trailer hitch that he had taken off the Forester... installed.  But it means we can go to different stores...or the same store...at different times. Freedom!!  Matt, the guy who bought the Forester for parts, was very patient while I got together the money for the Impreza.  This makes my 7th Subaru. Wouldn't drive any thing else.
  July ended up very well in Cooperstown.  This was the 1st year I was knitting alone and it was difficult to keep up at first but I learned how to do it.  (Just before Induction Weekend I found a couple of pumpkin hats that Mom had made for the last Pumpkin Fest that hadn't sold so I put them in the shop and they sold, too. A little gift from her!)  August is going strong and I keep knitting!
  Jeff's garden looks great! The boxes are lush with tomatoes, beans, zucchini, and peppers. The carrot tops are tall and bushy, too.  Last week Jeff dug potatoes! 
This week he's been busy  setting up the gutter gardens in the green house.  This year he's using reusable shopping bags in plastic buckets. He learned about them thru Larry Hall on YouTube.  Can't wait to see if they work for Jeff.
  









No comments: