Wednesday, August 13, 2014

How the Garden Grows

    Jeff's garden is doing well.  He thinks it should be doing better but from what I hear I think it's doing ok.
Here are some of the peppers in one of the boxes...with red inpatients to attract the bees .  That's sweet potato in the corner of the box in front of them...with beans  ready to go over the side.
  These are the first tomatoes to vine ripen.  We've been watching these 2 change colors for the last couple of days.  You can see how full the plants are!  Jeff had to tie the plants to the poles again yesterday.  He's pruned the plants several times...something he saw on a You Tube video...and we don't have any blight...yet!  He's also been watering everything with 'compost tea' about every week, too.  A chipmunk or squirrel got the 1st tomato to ripen in the greenhouse but Jeff doesn't think that will happen with these 2.
   I've been promising all last week that I'd mow the lawn today...Wednesday...but it started to rain yesterday and poured all night so I guess I can't mow lawn.  Aw, gee wiz.  I'll have to keep knitting.  Which is a very good idea since I worked in the shop yesterday and every time I put a finished item on the shelf something sold! That left me with a lot of empty space.  (I know it's a case of 'crying all the way to the bank' but I'm about out of yarn and very tired of the colors I've been using!)  Generally business has been brisk and I forgot to take photos of my new sweater! It's Spring Green with pink and lavender flowers
embroidered on the fronts and has lady bug buttons. I'm afraid if might sell before the next time I work and I can take a photo of it so maybe I'll call the girl who's working today and ask her to do me a favor and do it today.  In the meantime, it's back to a red baseball sweater....
(Thanks, Dawn!)

Here are some more photos of the garden taken from a bedroom window.  You can see the 'bean tower' with cucumbers in the upper corner behind the greenhouse.  There's 
squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and beans in these boxes. The dwarf apple tree in the upper corner of this photo is in a cluster of wildflowers and has 
a red hummingbird feeder hanging in it.





No comments: