Saturday, August 16, 2014

Promises

   I still have not kept my promise and mowed the lawn....  It's been raining off and on and the grass is so long it takes more than a couple hours of dry weather before I could start mowing.  Besides it's been too cold for me to work outside.  (Remember, I take rat poison (Warfarin) and I'm cold when it's 75 out!  Sunday it's suppose to get dry and warm up and stay that way until Wednesday.  That should be time...and warm...enough for me to mow.
   
(photo added 9:18am 8/17/2014)
In the meantime, I've stayed busy knitting (what else?!?).  In the last day and a half I made 3 ladies hats--2 with rolled brims and 1 with a flat brim--they just need their roses and bows.  Today I'll knit the roses but I'm all out of ribbon. That will have to wait for a trip to Walmart. I've got to get milk and Rx's so maybe later today. For some reason the hats are appealing to customers and they are selling quite well...twice the  the customer bought 2!  I don't like wearing hats so I don't really understand the attraction but ....  A lace-y baby sweater set sold yesterday so after the roses I'll do one of those.  That should keep me busy until Monday.  Then I can do more baby hats... baseball, apple and pumpkins...in between mowing the lawn.


  Jeff had to tie up  one of the tomato plants after an especially hard rain the other day.  The fruit was so heavy the branches had bent over and started to break.  He gave it a dose of compost tea (yes, even after all that rain!) when he did and yesterday it looked pretty sprite.  There are so many tomatoes on it they were too heavy for the stem!  Hope the plant can make it.
   I decided to split my bundle with TimeWarner and get DISH.  You get HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and Blockbuster free for 3 months!  The only channel I'll miss is the Smithsonian.  I'm going to keep the phone and internet with TimeWarner.  Jeff's sister has DISH and loves it.  I don't like the movies I can get for free on TimeWarner  so maybe I'll watch more movies...at least for 3 months!

No comments: