Monday, July 28, 2014

What A Garden!

   Can't wait to start posting photos of the garden I'll take with the new Kodak digital camera I'm treating myself to this week! Jeff's been working all hours...last evening he was still weed-whacking after the sun went down! The rows between the boxes are cleaned up and ready for bark mulch. We're suppose to get 3 days of rain so it will be Thursday before we can get a load of mulch to spread between them. I still find it hard to believe that an inner city boy is such a farmer!  The zucchini and cucumbers are doing well and the beans are ready to pick.  Jeff's been pruning the tomatoes ...following a guide on YouTube...and the stems are thick with clusters of fruit.  He used reusable shopping bags...again, following a YouTube video...as grow bags on the gutter garden and yesterday set up the gutters in the greenhouse.  Massaro's, the florist by our house, had the last of the veggie flats on sale this week so we got the 4 tomato plants...complete with fruit...for the bags.  He's got a couple of large bags he wants to try to grow potatoes in, too.  The best part of the box garden is the flower box with geraniums and red silvia...that the hummingbirds like. (They're avoiding the feeders. Hummingbirds can be difficult.) Now if we could just get rid of the mosquitoes.
   Last Saturday was a good day for me sales-wise (but Sunday-actual Induction Day-was a dud) so I have to knit-knit-knit this week to be able to refill my space on Saturday when I work in the shop.  I have to do a red v-neck cardigan with baseball buttons and hat, (why the Red one sold and not the Yankee Blue ??) and a lot of hats (baseball, apples, pumpkins and flowers). As long as it's raining today I should get busy and KNIT!

No comments: