Saturday, July 26, 2014

Summer Timer, Summer Time...

   Summer keeps rolling on.  Jeff's garden is doing well.  We have tomatoes and peppers, green beans, cucumbers and zucchini forming. And millions of mosquitoes!  The potatoes are about ready to dig up and two stocks of corn have ears with silk already!  Only 2 ears but still....  Jeff''s busy prepping reusable shopping bags to use as planters in the gutter garden.  Saw that on You Tube.  We'll see how that grows...in the greenhouse.  
   I finally found a camera I can understand...a Kodak digital at Kmart that I'm planning on getting the 1st of next month.  My  1st digital was a Kodak (it died when the Forester was T-boned last year) and I couldn't find a Kodak anywhere until recently.  We were in Kmart to get a TV when I saw the camera (seems everything falls apart at the same time sometimes) and since July has been a banner month in the shop I'm rewarding myself with the camera!  Can't wait to post photos again!
   I worked last Thursday in Cooperstown (and sold 4 sweater sets to one woman !) and came home to find Fanny chained up.  She had disappeared for awhile and was being punished for not staying in the yard.  It must be difficult to be a dog living in the country with all the interesting scents around...the fox and deer pass thru everyday and the rabbits bring the babies onto the lawn to feed.  And she loves to chase toads and snakes!  She spent a couple of days tied up and since then has stayed in the yard...she can go around the house and around the garage but not disappear into the woods!
   Yesterday I went back to Bassett in Cooperstown to have some papillomas or skin tags removed from my right eye lid.  One was the size of a pencil eraser and was in the inside corner near my nose.  The other was in the center of my upper eye lip and was open.  It oozed and bled when touched.  It didn't take long and the shot of lanocain was the worse part.  Boy, does that fine, little needle prick and burn!  Seeing the smoke curl up from the side of my nose wasn't all that exciting, either.  But nothing bled and it was over in a couple of minutes.  I had forgotten that lanocain...like novocain...lets pain wait to build up and hit you all at once.  I have a small hole in the corner near my nose and I have to put ointment on it and the upper lid 4 times a day for 5 days.  My eyelid is swollen and there is a streak of black and blue from the corner down. I'll just tell people Jeff hit me.  Think anyone will believe me?

No comments: