Friday, July 4, 2014

The Fourth of July!

   Today started wet...or yesterday ended wet, anyway it rained and reminded me how much I did not miss camping in the rain.  I think you must be young to enjoy that coz the kids in the 
next-house-down-the-road-and-up-the-hill had another party...in the rain...last night complete with fireworks...this time rockets and cherry bombs...that sent the dog back under the bed.  That part of the party didn't bother me. Around 1am, it was the pickup truck  parked along the curve of the road facing my house with the high beams...or maybe a spotlight...shining across the field and lighting up my yard and house that woke me up. Were we being invaded by aliens???   Then at 2:55am a loud, angry male voice woke me when  it told someone in no uncertain terms to get in the truck or else followed by a quick and loud automotive getaway and a pair of headlights racing around the curve and up the road.  Voices do carry on the wind, folks.
   Yesterday the Forester met it's end.  Jeff was driving when the brakes failed.  He couldn't find a leak so he filled it up with break fluid and we took it to Cole/Marvis.  Unfortunately, it was more serious than just a burst breakline.  The frame had rusted out...in 4 places...and was holding together by threads.  A serious pothole could cause the frame to break apart!  Our only choices were junking it or selling it for parts.  Marty Kucerak at MK Auto Sales on Rte 5 was the first to suggest Hillslide Auto Repair as a possible buyer.  Seems he buys, reconditions and sells Subaru. We visited and Jeff was impressed.  We're going to use the Forester as a down payment on an 2004 Imprezza.  Since the trailer hitch will fit the Outback, Jeff had the guys at Cole/Marvis remove it from the Forester while they had it on the lift.  We'll have it put on the Outback and he'll be back hauling pallets and compost/dirt with the trailer and I still won't have a trailer hitch on the car I drive!  In the meantime, it be a little inconvenient...one car with 2 drivers in the little house in the little woods.  Maybe more gas economical?
   I ended June in the shop by selling 2 baby sweater sets so I started one.  Unfortunately, it's in my now least liked color...pink...and I have to force myself to work on it.  Luckily, a size 9 months doesn't take too long to knit.I have just the body to finish today.  I guess it's time to put away the fancy yarns and get back to the basic pink sweater sets...since they're what's selling!
   Today would have been my dad's 106th birthday.  When I was little, I thought the parades and fireworks were for his birthday! We always had a party for him and he enjoyed the fuss for the day.  I found several photos I tried to scan and post here but printer wouldn't cooperate.  I'm afraid the machinery is getting old and wearing out.  Anyway, Happy Birthday, Tony!  Miss you.

 
 



No comments: