Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Garden, 2014

   Jeff's been busy in the garden the last week or so. He's cleared the boxes, tested soil, added nutrients and finally, started planting.  He's put in onion, garlic, tomatoes, and green peppers.  Some things wintered well and we have carrots that he'll allow to go to seed, and radicchio that he tells me is good in salads.  Since I'm not suppose to go overboard with greens.... Yesterday Jeff started tearing apart pallets to reuse the wood for more garden boxes.  A load of manure seems to be in order, too.  He had the oil changed in the Forester and that seems to be running well.  Not bad for a "totaled" vehicle.
  I've been knitting (as usual) but I've gone back to children's sweaters.  Last week I did a size 1 black sheep sweater & hat set in a raspberry acrylic. The size difference between a baby size 6 months and a size 1 is unbelievable!   This week I'm trying to do another size 1 set in a cream colored acrylic with a little open work and embroidery on the front.  I'm toying with the idea of adding socks to each set...with the yarn of the embroidery (pale pink for the sheep and purple for the open work set). Of course, buttons should match the embroidery, too, so today...since we're headed to Sherry's so Jeff can attend to her lawnmower...a quick side trip to JoAnn's is in order.
   I've been taking photos of the garden and got them downloaded...to Window Photo Gallery.  Now I've just got to get them up on this blog!

No comments: