Friday, May 2, 2014

Ah, Spring...at last!

   Happy birthday to my oldest friend, Fran Davey. We grew up together on Dewey Ave in Herkimer and when we moved out here to the little house in the little woods 52 years ago she use to take the public bus to visit. (...getting off at the cemetery! Now that got looks & comments from other passengers!)   And she use to come camping with us (to the public campsites in the Adirondacks and the Walhart's camp in Canada.(The things the 'grownups' hid under our pillows in the back seat!)  One time Fran and her husband Larry drove up to our campsite at Moffit Beach in the pouring rain, rolled down a car window and announced 'if you were dumb enough to stay, we're dumb enough to join you.'  Ah, those were the days. Now the mere forecast for rain and I start aching.
   Tonight Jeff and I went out for fish fry to our favorite local place  (Donna's on Rte 5)...actually it's walking distance from the house but we didn't walk...but Jeff and I did walked around the garden later with Fanny racing around the raised boxes (she uses the garden as an agility course!)before finding something interesting enough to roll over and over. Ah, the fun of having a white dog.   A lot of things wintered that I didn't know would...radicchio?!?  Jeff's making mental lists re what has to be done in the garden before planting time. Monday is suppose to be a decent, dry day so maybe he can work outside while I work at the shop in Cooperstown.  I've spent the last couple of wet, damp, cold days sitting by the fire knitting.  I've did some baby hat and sock sets that have turned out cute.  I sent a Ladies hat with a knit rose and a big bow on the side...kind of 1920's...down to the shop Thursday along with a couple of baseball hats (hey, they sell!)  Sales for April were good...actually, twice as good as last year!  Hope that's a good sign!!
   Had another blood drop test Tuesday to check my clotting factor...with the same results as last week...so I had to have blood drawn again.  This time it left a nice bruise.  My numbers are really screwed up...over 4.2 which means my clotting factor is low. (My nurse told me to stay away from knives!)  The doctor is trying to adjust my dose of rat poison (warfarin) without much luck. At least now I know why I'm so cold and tired...thin blood will do that to ya.  Hope things get regulated soon.  I'm tired of being tired.

No comments: