Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Oh, What A Week!

Oh, what a week this is turning out to be...and it's only Tuesday!  Actually, it started last Friday when Jeff and I went to Bassett in Cooperstown for my appointment with Dr Gregory Cummings, a neurologist, as a follow up to my 'incident' last month.(see March 28 posting)  Neither of us thought we'd learn anything since I've been having these incidents for over 30 years!  Anyway, we were wrong.  Dr. Cummings was very nice and asked us both a lot of questions about what happened and eventually it came out that I have had auras and migraines since I was treated for Hodgkin Disease over 30 years ago and these incidents were probably related.  We left with a script for Topiramate and unless I have another incident, an appointment to come back in a year.  We stopped at the shop to drop off the 2 sweater sets I had made before heading home in a hell of a downpour.  What a ride home!  With nothing waiting to go on the needles I took the night off...which might not have been a good idea.  By Sunday evening I had sold 5 sweater sets in the shop and have been knitting nonstop since!  I'm scheduled to work in the shop this Friday and hope to have 3 sets finished to take down. Good thing they're baby sweaters! My left shoulder hurts if I move my elbow more than 3 or 4 " away from my side.  And just to even the soreness, yesterday I tripped over some broken blacktop and fell when I went for the mail.  Scraped my knee and hurt my pride. 
   Jeff's been busy with the garden, planting corn and beans, and repairing shovel handles.  Tomorrow he may get some pallets to cut apart and use to build more raised boxes.  He used most of the compost left in the burnt out bin and was surprised not to find a single worm in it.  We think they may have been burnt out??  Fanny was playing in the garden with him today chasing toads, bumblebees and a garden snake.  Jeff relocated the snake to the wood when she wouldn't leave it alone.  After a trip to his sister's to unsuccessfully service her lawnmower, Jeff got ours going so I'll be able to cut the lawn next week.  Gee, something to look forward to!
   

No comments: