Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another Day...

   We spent yesterday afternoon and evening sitting by the woodstove watching TV and talking.  Managed to burn quite a bit of wood from the shed as well as a bundle of kiln-dried hardwood that I got at Hanniford's.  Usually we buy bundles at Stewart's when we get gas but I didn't feel like going that far (another 9 blocks) into town since the car didn't need gas.  The Hanniford's bundle is a little smaller and cheaper than the one at Stewart's...and lighter...and the Stewart's bundle does last longer....Oh, well, time vs money.
   I made a meatloaf for supper but it was a little flat...no onions.  We use equal parts ground beef and hot sausage so it wasn't totally blah.  Baked potatoes and gravy (for Jeff) and canned carrots. A nice...and easy meal. 
   I've been working with a cotton/acrylic blend from KnitPicks called Comfy.  It's a beautiful yarn with a little sheen and a nice soft feel. I did a couple of ladies tank tops or camisoles with lace inserts on US 4 circulars and now I'm just finishing a pair of socks (on US 2 short circulars) with lace legs/cuffs.  The socks and one of the tops is done in Flamingo, a pale pink and the other top is in Marlin, a deep turquoise.    I ordered more yarn from the company and got an email yesterday that it was shipped and on it's way. Should get here Tuesday.  There's enough of the Marlin left for socks so that's my next project.  If I finish them before my order gets delivered, I still have some Comfy in Cream so I could start another pair of socks.  Need the delivery before I can do another top, though. (The index finger on my left hand has a sore spot on it from pushing the point of the US 2's that I don't get using the 4's so I'm really hoping the yarn gets here soon!)
   I discovered another mystery writer who sets his stories in the American southwest.  His name is Kirk Mitchell and I've read a couple of his books.  It's funny coz he evens mentions Tony Hillerman and his characters!  Hillerman was the best but Mitchell writes a good story, too, using a variety of Native American characters and incorporating their spiritual beliefs into the story line.  But, I finished the last book I had last night.  Downton Abbey better be good tonight coz there's nothing to read here!!

   

No comments: