Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Near Perfect Day

   Jeff and I had lunch today at Liz's Mohawk Diner on Main St. in Mohawk, next to Foor's Auto Repair.  We've been fans of Liz's thru her Washington St, N Main and S Main Sts diners in Herkimer and we were both glad to hear she had decided to try it again.  This time there is ample parking, a large kitchen and a just big enough dining room to offer dinners...including fish fry's on Friday!...besides breakfast and lunch.  We were greeted like long-lost family when we walked into the rooster-decorated diner...not what we had expected at all.  We're planning a Friday nite dinner there.
   When we got home, I found a bag of sock yarn on the door knob with an order for 2 pairs of socks. Earlier I had discovered that the mail carrier had put my KnitPicks order in the car...rather than leave it on the porch.  That cotton blend yarn looked so good...the colors are terrific!  And I had stopped at Walmart before lunch and got a skein of yarn for a pair of mittens for my friend, the Hot Dog Lady.  I've got enough yarn to keep me busy for awhile so I don't care how bad the weather gets!  At least for a week or so.

No comments: