Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

   Well, 2013 is almost over.  It seems to have really zipped by!  So many changes...so much has stayed the same.  My, my, am I waxing philosophical or what?!?
   We had a bit of snow today...for awhile we were in a white out...and I am very glad to have gotten my errands done this morning.  Sitting by the fire, knitting and waiting for Jeff was much more enjoyable than driving in a blizzard!
   I finished most of my Christmas knitting...just Jeff's socks left to do but that wasn't my fault. The yarn got here on the 26th! A neighbor asked if I'd do a pair of convertible mittens for her husband if she gave me the yarn and I'm almost finished with them. Jeff's socks are about half finished and there's even a pair for me half done!  Unfortunately, they will not be done before midnight tonight so my usual resolution to start knitting for the shop right after New Year's will have to wait a few days before going into effect.  
Nothing new there!  But I have to start building stock on Monday. In 2014 I'd like to expand my area a little by doing more adult knitting. Knitting for babies is nice coz they don't take much time or yarn but adult hats and sweaters bring in a little more $$$'s...good for the shop and me.
   I'm planning on doing ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner tomorrow, nothing fancy.  And a lemon meringue pie.  I think a bit of dieting may be part of my resolution list, too.
   The new Berkey water filter is great!  Our tap water is finally clear and odor free.  We've been making coffee with it since we got it without any complaints. This means, no more gallon jugs of water on the porch and in the back of the car!  How nice!  I hardly recommend a Berkey Water Filter...if only they made whole house systems.

   Oh, and I've got to learn how to use the new digital camera!!

No comments: