Monday, December 23, 2013

A Little of This, A Little of That

   We've been keeping busy these last few weeks... with wood cutting, stacking and burning... but we never got around to putting the plastic on the greenhouse!  Jeff got a free turkey and he improvised a vegetable stuffing for it but w/o one of those little plastic things that pop up when the bird is cooked our turkey was a little dry. (And I won't say much about the mess it made in my oven...or how I filled the house with smoke when I turned on the auto-oven cleaner. But it worked!)  The turkey carcass  is waiting in the freezer to be used for soup.  I made Italian cookies yesterday and thought that not frosting them until tomorrow would keep them uneaten longer but that didn't work.  Good thing I started out with 10 dozen! The new Berkey water filter arrived today and Jeff set it up in the kitchen.  No more hauling water!!  And I'm working on my last convertible mitten. I may make it to Christmas yet!

No comments: