Saturday, October 20, 2012

What's That Up In The Sky?

What's that up in the sky?  That bright shiny thing?  Oh, the sun!  So glad to see you again.  The damp rainy weather we've been having has been hard on both Jeff and me.  My problem is degenerate disc disease and his problem is multiple back surgeries.  We creak and groan to beat the band getting in and out of the car in this weather.  And Thursday Jeff picked up a load of free pallets and spend the afternoon and evening outside in the drizzle cutting it up.  These pallets were mainly oak and other hardwoods so they are earmarked for the woodstove.  The rest was split for kindling.  Should have enough for almost a month.

 We stopped at Lowe's on the way home and got a length of braided nylon rope to make a pull toy for Fanny.  A couple of knots at both ends and a loop in the middle and she was ready to play tug-of-war...until she decided to lay down and chew it.  Then she had 2 pull toys and I had blue and white nylon curls all over the house.  She's learned to play catch with it, too.  And there still enough left to chew on (l).

While Jeff was cleaning beets and carrots yesterday I was working on a market bag for a swap.  I've done this one before in nylon ribbon yarn and really liked how it worked up but I couldn't find the ribbon yarn anywhere so I did it in cotton.  It's working up rather well, I think.  The top and the handles will be navy blue like the bottom.  It's amazing how much this bag will hold!  If I finish it today maybe I can try to finish my sheep sweater and do a couple of those cute baby hats, too, but I think the boxes of beets and carrots will come first.

No comments: