Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Customers, Books & Knitting

It was my turn to work in the shop (Cooper Country Crafts) in Cooperstown today.  I took with me the sheep sweater that's taken up residence on my Zyphyr acrylic interchangable size 7 circular needles thinking I'd finish it...which I could have before I realized I didn't have enough buttons.   I got bored knitting then so I switched to reading. Jeff had gotten a 3-part sc-fi series called The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne thru the public library and the jacket blurbs sounded interesting so I started reading them.  Sci-Fi isn't usually my thing, but the main character is a 2100 year old druid (The Last of the Druids) who's Irish, tall with red hair and a full arm tattoo.  I'm on the 3rd book and while the premise is getting a little tired, any book that has a dog (Irish Wolfhound) who mind speaks to the Druid isn't all bad.  There were just enough customers coming in and out of the shop to keep me busy waiting on them, reading and knitting.

This is the last of the baby hats that I did for the Shop Around last weekend.  Come to find out  those 'small sales' we made there were all these hats!
The hat is a simple rolled brim cloche done on US 8's in Red Heart worsted acrylic and the flowers are done on US 4's in left over washable wool sock yarn.  I didn't have any green sock yarn so the leaves are just grosgrain ribbon.  I guess I'll have to do some more before I work again on Halloween.

It was too late to do anything when I got home today so tomorrow Jeff and I will have to finish canning the veggies from the garden (mainly beans, beets and carrots). Not something I'm actually looking forward to doing.

No comments: