Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Vacuum I Like

I finally found a vacuum (l) that I liked using.  It's a lawn vacuum and sucks up leaves and small twigs off the lawn.  No more rake and wheelbarrow for me!  Of course, we rented ours today...$65 for 24 hours...but definitely worth it.  Got the backyard and one sideyard done while Jeff tilled the garden.  (It usually took 3 days to rake & remove leaves in the backyard!!)   He filled both sides of the compost bin with those leaves I vacuumed and watered them with a weak 'compost tea' to help them breakdown.  The other sideyard and around the garden are about half finished and those leaves are covering (r) the garden.   Wally...from next door...was mowing his yard and contributed some leaves and grass cuttings, too. Jeff plans on finishing up tomorrow morning.  Fanny had a ball checking out the leaves after they were spread in the garden.  The sound of the tiller and vacuum bothered her for awhile...as did the Oil Man who was here cleaning the furnace.  Every time he came outside to get something from his truck, she ran around the house.  Our brave chickenhearted dog.  

I've been doing some leafy washcloths to put in a couple swap packages that I have to send out but that's about the extent of my knitting this week.  I've still got that sheep sweater OTN waiting to be bound off, and a pair of socks for a friend's wife that just need their bind-off  row ripped out and re-done with a larger needle.  Last night I got a phone call telling me I was out of baby socks in the shop and my last Yankee ballcap sold (the day after they lost the playoffs).  There is plenty to knit but I just can't knit, read, can and do yard work at the same time.  A 'perfect storm' (combo winter and hurricane) is suppose to hit this coming week so I'm planning on catching up then.



No comments: