Friday, September 28, 2012

Wood Stove and Other Things

The special thimble for the new wood stove is finally in place.  The wall is thicker there  because of a dead air space and false wall on top of the actual wall.  And, because we decided not to go thru the roof/eves we had to clear the eves making for an extra long run of pipes.  Jeff's not satisfied with the support he build to hold up the pipes outside.  And we have to clear the peak of the room so we'll end up with a high stack that may need stabilization of some kind.  It's raining today so that will have to wait until tomorrow.    

  Fanny has been having a ball chewing on everything she can find...and running around like crazy!  Yesterday I heard her thundering around the house and when I went outside she was on lead.  She had decided not to come when called and Jeff was proving a point.  Several times during the afternoon he let her loose for a few minutes then called her to come.  If she didn't respond he put her back on the lead.  By supper time she was coming quickly when called.  Since the lead is about 35' on a trolley she has a large area to roam and finds a lot of interesting spots to check out.  After supper we all played tug of war with an old beach towel that we knotted up.  Fanny's managed to untie the big knot a couple of times!  Never saw that happen before.  (Jeff's told me of a dog he knew who could unscrew the lid on a jar of peanutbutter!)     Eventually she got tired and went to bed...mine!  Hey, at least she warms it up for me!

   This is the pumpkin sweater set...just a plain v-neck caridgan with rolled cuffs, pumpkin buttons & hat...  I made for the shop and took down Wednesday.  It got a lot of favorable comments from the customers but no takers.  Oh, well, it's a month before Halloween....  I managed to get only other 1 pumpkin hat done for Wednesday so I've got to get busy and do some more.  Got a lunch meeting at the shop on Tuesday so I can take down what I get finished then. Now I've got to start on Christmas!!                        

1 comment:

Janne said...

I love your little dog, so cute. The pumpkin hat is adorable, I might make one for my grandson.