Monday, November 3, 2008

A Toe-tal Success!

I ended up going into the knitting chat room at Yahoogroups and asking for help with the toe of Fred's sock. I got so many great responses that I actually managed to do a very nice toe on his sock. That was the first time I had asked for help from the chatters and was really very pleased with the help I got. So, sock #1 is finished and has generated as much oohs and aahs as a plain blue silk-and-wool blend sock can get. Sock #2 is going much quicker and I just finished the calf shaping. Tomorrow night I'll take both to the knitting circle, plus the purple blacksheep sweater that's 3/4 done. I need those needles and the shelves in the shop are almost bare!

I'm signed up for a drop-stitch scarf class on Wednesday night and I went today to buy the beads for it. The class cost $10, the beads cost $10 and I'm sure the bamboo yarn will cost that much too. So much for an inexpensive little class. Who can I give that scarf to for Christmas?

No comments: