Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Socks, socks and more socks!

Fred's socks are done. The blue silk and wool blend made up very nice. It is so soft! I hope he remembers not to put them in wash with other clothes! The Maizy for his 2nd pair came yesterday. I couldn't decide between 2 colors so I got both! I really want to start working on them but I promised my boss I'd do a pair with yarn she had bought. I did about half of the 1st sock last night. It's a Regia self-striping wool and is working up very nice. She wanted a pattern on the cuff and Jane at work was doing a sock with a nice mock-smocking pattern so I asked if I could have that pattern. There is a big difference between working on a man's size 11 and a woman's size7! I have today off so maybe I'll get this pair finished this week so I can start Fred's other pair. My gift list grew by 1 today, I'll use the other skein of Maizy for that!

No comments: