Friday, July 30, 2021

Last Day #8

   Today is the last day on predniSONE.  It doesn't feel like it has done much good, either.  My nurse said it was a 'very bad' drug and to stay away from it if I could. Since it doesn't seem to have helped me, I think I can do that.  I got email last evening from my 'attending' asking if I wanted to try an orthopedic referal.  Of course, I said yes and this morning I got an email from his nurse asking questions about 'the injury'.  Don't know how long it will take to get in to see an orthopedist but I'm willing to try.  That means, of course, cortosone shots but they've got to be better than living wirh this pain.  I have a PT evaluation at Valley Health on Tuesday.  I hope the orthoprdic referal is set up by then.  I think PT should be the "Last Resort".

   Today was the first time I drove  in 2 weeks as I took myself to the Health Center to have another INR done.  Thankfully I scored in range (3.0) but my arm and hand ached by the time I got back home.  I took 2 extra-strength Tylenol before Jeff took me to the library in Ilion (I was down to half a book...no way would that last the weekend!)  We stopped at Burger King on the way  and brought lunch home.

No comments: