Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Day 6

   This morning I woke a little before 6am with the usual terrific pain forming in the knuckles of the first 2 fingers of my left hand. (The Tylenol and Voltaren I used before going to bed had started to wear off by then.)  After several minutes the pain rolled down into my hand and  made my thumb curl up.  Then it rolled down into my wrist and went on it's way thru my forearm, elbow and up into my shoulder...where it turned around and rolled back to my knuckes.   A couple of repeats up and down and then it faded away and I was able to fall back to sleep for a little while.  I woke up about 9:15 and took my predniSONE dosage for today (2-10mg tabs) and had some Cherrios and a cup of coffee for breakfast.  I waited until almost 10am before taking the arthritis-strength Tylenol and the pain faded away to almost nothing.  I spent most of the morning in my chair with my library book...there was a nice breeze and lots of birds were singing.  My thumb kept curling up all morning so after I got dressed I rubbed in more Voltaren but it didn't help much (it doesn't always).  

   We went grocery shopping...and to the library again...this afternoon so by the time we got home my arm was really aching.  Vibrations from riding in the car and pushing a grocery cart around cause a lot of pain so when we got back home I rubbed in more Voltaren around my thumb and wrist, got comfortable in my chair by the open window and took a little nap.  I spent a quiet evening there after supper reading with the dogs stretched out on the bed!.  I just sent my 'attending' an email letting him know there hasn't beeen much improvement and since I have enough prediSONE for only 2 more days if he's going to order another course to do it now so there will be enough time to fill the Rx (my insurance prefers CVS in Little Falls) without me missing a day (per his instructions).

   Judy let me know today that I sold a couple of things over Induction Weekend.  My display must be so empty!  



No comments: