Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Day 5

  Day 5 with Tendonitis started like Days 1-4 with hard pain (when the Tylenol wore off) around 5:30am...today in my shoulder...and begans to roll up and down my arm into my wrist/thumb when I started to move around.  If I could settle into a position the pain faded...until I moved again.  Took the 2 predniSONE for today around 9:15am and will take the 8-hr Tylenol soon.  That helps me make it thru the day.  I don't plan on doing much more than sitting by the open window, reading my library books and taking it easy.  

   Yesterday was a bit too much!  I had an unscheduled INR done because Sharon, my nurse, thought with my history I'd probable have fallen out of range. (Besides starting the predniSONE, I ran out of 6mg tabs of Warfarin and had had trouble getting the Rx refilled.)  She was right!  I scored  4.5 which is 'critical'!  Got my dosage for the week adjusted and told to come back on Friday for another test.  Then I had an 1:30 appointment with an eye surgeon (in Herkimer) because my optical len implants have clouded over developing secondary cataracts.  That exam...with the eyedrops, etc...took almost 1 1/2 hr.  My arm ached from trying to hold it in place!  I hadn't taken any Tylenol yesterday before going out so when I got home around 3:30pm, I took the last extra-strength one in the bottle and got a nap with the dogs sleeping with me.  When I woke up around 7pm Jeff cooked supper (huge hamburgs with green beans...yum!) Mine was so big I shared with my 'nurses'!  I spent the rest of the evening reading and on my PC (typing 1-handed!) finally falling asleep around 2am.  (The arthritis strength tylenol might say '8 hr' but they don't start to work for a couple of hours after I take them.) I started out laying in bed, propped up on pillows but ended up in my wingback chair when I couldn't find a position my arm/hand liked. 

  I hope tonight is better...only 3 more dosages of predniSONE left and there hasn't been any real improvement yet.

No comments: