Monday, July 26, 2021

And The Trip Goes On....

   Today is Day 4 on predinSone for the tendonitis in my left hand and arm.  (The actual diagnosis is left median nerve neuropathy with localized swelling of fingers of left hand and Tendonitis.) The pain has been reduced somewhat but still flares whenever I use my left arm or hand for much of anything like picking up a napkin or stirring my coffee!!  It still wakes me when I move my hand by flaring in my knuckles and rolling thru my thumb and wrist towards my elbow and shoulder, where it hesitates before rolling back down the arm to the base of the thumb. The pain starts to fade after a  couple of circuts but the circuits are repeated radonmly.  I'm finally getting some sleep because I got some arthritis-strength Tylenol which is great on pain.  Yesterday I took 2 around 10am (an hour after my daily prednoSONE) and the next thing I knew it was 2:30!  I kept dosing off the rest of the afternoon, too!  I took 2 extra-strength Tylenol when I went to bed at 10:30 and managed to sleep until 6am when the pain woke me up.  But there won't be any Tylenol for me today until sometime this afternoon...I have to have an INR done and I have an eye appointment. Four more days on predniSONE and then it will be decided if I need another course of it or if it has done it's thing...since there hasn't been much improvement....???

No comments: