Saturday, April 8, 2023

It's That Time Again!

    It's that time of the year again...the shop in Cooperstown opened this week for the 49th season!!  I decided to stay...one season at a time...and made some new hats (not many, but a few)!  I'm not a 'worker', it would be too much for me.  The ride to Cooperstown was exhausting...when we got home both Jeff and I had a cup of coffee and a nap before doing anything else!!  

   Since getting my stock ready to take to the shop last Monday I've been bothered by the arthritis in my hands...especially around my thumbs!   I've even been woken up in the night with shooting pains in my fingers and this week when we stopped for coffee at Stewart's on the way to the library, I managed to spill my coffee!  The hot liquid felt good on my hand, but I felt like a fool making a mess!  I haven't knit a stitch since April 3rd but my thumbs are still sore.  And the strangest thing, Thursday night was a really restless night for me with strong pains in my hands but when I woke up Friday morning my left hand was pain-free.  And there was a black and blue mark on my left thumb the size of a nickel, too.  I have no idea where it came from but it's still there! This is what my thumb looks like:

    Here are my new hats for Spring!   I made just 2 Bunny hats because the shop opened the Thursday before Easter

   


This other hat is more of a Spring hat.  I think it's so cute!  A friend of mine crocheted the flower for me.  It really finishes the hat, doesn't it?  All three spring hats are hand-knit with 100% acrylic yarn and are machine wash and dryable.  The shop, Cooper Country Crafts, is located in Doubleday Court in Cooperstown, NY and is open 10am-5pm, 7 days a week.  You can always call ahead to make sure it's open 607-547-9247.  Parking is free in front of the shop!

  

 


No comments: