Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Yarn Pals and Other Happenings

     I got a really nice package from my Yarn Pal, Janice Pushak, last week.  Janice lives in Pittsburgh and must be a mind reader!  She sent 2 books (one of them a knitting mystery that promises a knitting pattern at the end!), beautiful yarn and a lot of stitch markers!!  I was so desperate for some markers that I had been looking under chair cushions last week for lost ones!  There was also a sturdy bookmark, some cookies, tea and a tote bag in my package.  And a nice note introducing herself arrived a day or so later!  I got the photo taken today so here it is!

  

   With that finally done I tried to send a photo of the receipt from the post office that showed I had mailed my package to a Yarn Pal on time. Of course, my little Kodak 'PixPro' doesn't focus really well on USPO receipts, and I had a hard time getting any of the printing to show or be in focus.  After several tries, I ended up sending an out-of-focus view and then had to send all the info that wasn't in focus. My package has to travel just about 166 miles...the shortest trip I ever sent a Yarn Pal package...but it caused enough headaches for me and for the group monitor in-charge.   I knew it was going to happen like this, that's what's been happening the last couple of swaps I've been in.  Oh, well, maybe the next one will be better...easier?

   I had an INR done today and scored a 2.9... nearly perfect! I don't have to have another 'finger pricked' for 2 weeks and my daily warfarin dose stays the same.  I've been taking arthritis strength Tylenol lately and was a little afraid it might cause my numbers to be 'off' but it didn't bother them.  My shoulders and arms ache a lot since I've been using the walker (a good reason to get off it) but I'm still a little unsteady when walking longer distances. Jeff has been encouraging me to drive and  yesterday and today I drove to town with him as copilot.  No problems...but today I got beeped at by a white SUV that turned out of a driveway after I turned on to a street.  I never noticed it until it beeped!  When I made my next turn it kept going by and we both gasped to see that it was a county Sheriff's SUV!  

  Jeff took me to Arby's for a late lunch after my INR and instead of their fantastic burgers we had our regular Arby's sandwiches (beef for him, Buffalo chicken for me).  One of the counter girls had just made 3 small chocolate shakes for some customers but another girl had done it faster and she was offering them free to those who were waiting for their food.  I took one and that was my dessert.  I have been hungry for ice cream lately and that chocolate shake was so good! It really hit the spot and not to mention it cooled it down after their Buffalo chicken!

   I think it's about time to give the girls their peanut butter treat and maybe a potty break.  I think I'll get myself a bowl of dry cheerios, too.  Or maybe a couple of some of those cookies in my Yarn Pal box??

No comments: