Thursday, January 30, 2020

Start-itis


   I seem to have developed a case of Start-itis since I have several projects on the needles!  Besides the Test Knit socks which I've just about completed...only have to rib and bind off the 2nd sock, I have a shawl with some of the same navy blue New Zealand Merino that I complained about so much with the socks.    It's called 'Betwixtmas' and 

Betwixtmas Shawl
was designed by Black Sheep Wools and I'm not having any trouble with the it now.  Of course, it's on US4's...not US1's and that would make a difference...and I haven't gotten to the lace, yet.  I also have the 1st sock that I think will be for Jeff's birthday ready for ribbing and bind off,too.  I'm using some more of the New
Zealand Merino...this time in red-white-blue...that I got in my last Yarn Pal package.  That gives me 2 months to finish 1 sock!
   Then, I've got 2 children's hats...out of 3...about done and ready to mail,too.  Two go to Jeff's granddaughters  
and are rabbit hats.  I think they need a little 'something' so
so I'm going to super-glue some false eyelashes around the eyes.  The girls are in 2nd grade so I think they'd like it.       
   The other is going to my cousin's new great-grandchild...a just-born boy.  I have a baby-version of the
Dog hat...a Puppy Hat...but I don't know if I want to send it or a Baseball Hat.  Since he was just born, I guess I can wait until Monday to decide which one to send.
   This winter I've been collecting shawl patterns from Ravelry.com...for free...because I have 3 skeins of beautiful, hand-dyed wool that would knit up beautifully as shawls but I've been trying to wait until I finish the navy blue one before I start another one.  Today I found a pattern for a shawl on Facebook...not for free...that called for bulky yarn and has embroidery in one corner.  I gave in and bought it!  Hey, it only  cost me $3.95...much cheaper than most on-line patterns.  I even have some bulky yarn that I bought last fall and never used so I think I may find it difficult to wait on this one.  It's called 'Freda' and was designed by Nerissa Mujis.  I may have to give in and do this one before anything else is finished!  (You can't tell, but the shawl has a buckle in the back (behind the neck) that I haven't decided what I think about yet.)


Image result for frida shawl
Freda Shawl
1/31/20  Another shawl pattern I just
found.  It's called 'When in Scotland' by Rilana Riley-Munson and it's based on one the character Claire wears in a recent episode of the Outlander series.  That makes 6 and I think that may be enough...to start with?  Anyway, let's try it.  (I'll try not to collect anymore.)

When in Scotland by Rilana Riley Munson

No comments: