Thursday, February 6, 2020

Start-itis Up-Date

     I'm still suffering from my usual case of Winter Start-itis.  Right now I have on needles 2 pairs of socks...both in New Zealand merino, and 2 shawls...1 in New Zealand Merino and 1 in Red Heart acrylic.  On the top of my pile of 
'What's Next' is the 2nd animal hat for Jeff's granddaughters (one is finished) and another shawl, this one in New Zealand alpaca.  There is also a baby animal hat in there that just about finished for my cousin's great-grandchild that was born last week.  (I just have to finish the lining on that and put it in the mail.)  The pile of new patterns has several shawls in it eventho I've promised myself that I will only do 6 for the shop.  (I received an order for one and I want one for myself.)  I should consider a couple of baby sweaters for the shop but they can wait until next month...maybe that way they'll actually get started and finished the same week!
    Lately I've been trying to spend at least an hour or two every day working on each project that's on needles.  I thought I'd get all my 'started' projects finished that way but it's not working.  The Test Socks just need 5 more rows of pattern and then the ribbing and bind-off and the 2nd sock will be done...only about 2 weeks late.  I don't think I'll volunteer for any more tests.  I have learned so much from this one (new toe, new heel, new bind-off,  to stay away from US#2's and navy sock yarn) but it's been difficult and I will be glad to see it finished.  I will also be glad to see it finished because I need a new pair of wool socks!!  
   The shawl that I'm doing in the navy merino is on a US4 and I've been taking it with me...my project in my purse...but I've found that I can't work on it while Jeff's at PT.  The lighting there isn't great and when I get home I find mistakes and have to rip it out.  The other shawl is the 'order' and is worsted on a US10.  I could take it with me but it's rather large and heavy and wouldn't fit in my purse.
If I finish it this week and start another one like it I might be able to take it with me for awhile.  I had to order metal clasps for them and they won't get here until next Wednesday or Thursday, so I may even have them both finished and will take them with me to let the customer chose which one (clasp) she prefers.

    I could take the baby hat with me to Jeff's PT tomorrow and finish getting the lining sewed in there.  We'll see.  The animal hat takes the same needle as the shawl (and is heavy) and it will have to wait.  Since the animal hats are going to Alabama I'm not lining them....it's not that cold there!!
   And let's not forget the last library book that sitting on my night table.  I want to finish that before picking up my new list of reserves.  
   You know, there still isn't enough time in a day to do everything I want to do.  Knitting, reading, computer...it doesn't leave much time to clean house or cook!  Why it took me almost 2 weeks to put all the groceries away!!  (To be honest, I just got tired of tripping over the bag of canned veggies and put them away last night.)  As for cleaning house....

No comments: