Tuesday, November 19, 2019

I Got It Finished!!

     Well, I didn't think I'd get it all finished but the last sweater and hat were in the dryer and all that was left to do is sew the pompom onto the Norwegian Star watch cap.  And that had to wait until morning!  
    I spent all day doing the pin-striping on my navy and white hoodie.   It's a size 4 and was done on
circular US 5's and 7's with Red Heart worsted weight Soft Navy and White yarns, both are  100% acrylic and are machine wash and dryable.  The hoodie has a Henley neckline with 3 baseball buttons and the sleeves have a rolled cuff.. 
   The cold weather we've been having, with snow and sleet, inspired the next set of sweaters and hats.  That Norwegian Star watch cap that was in need of a pompom was knit on US 6's and 8's using

Red Heart's Light Blue and White.  It will fit a child 5-10 years old.  There is a Norwegian Star cardigan in the same yarn and color combo in a size 4. 
The sweater is a raglan, knit from the neck down.  For some reason the Norwegian Star reminds me of Frozen and the blue and white yarn just adds to it.  This is the first year I've enjoyed doing Fair Isle patterns and I think it shows. These 2 Norwegian Stars came out very well, if I say so myself!  And then there's the size 6 months cardigan and hat I did with Lion Brand's Molaine, a 100% acrylic Mohair-look alike in a blue
and white ombre on US 7's.   I was afraid the Molaine would be too scratchy for a baby so I washed it when it was done and the sweater came out so soft!  I think there's something not quite right with the hat but since was almost 1am when I finished it, I decided just to let it go.  Again, the blue and white carries the Frozen look.  Both of these sweaters have light blue buttons and rolled cuffs on the sleeves.
  And last, but not least, there is this Black Sheep cardigan...another raglan knit from the neck down 

with Red Heart Turqua.  This is a size 6 and is machine wash and dryable.  The apple green buttons match the swatches of green scattered around the sheep and the pink flowers.  If you ever
wondered why it's called A Black Sheep sweater, it's because there is a black sheep on the back alone in a flower bed!  This design was an original from The Yarn Barn in Speculator, NY,  where I was lucky enough to work summer a few times a lot of years ago.  Thanks, Jane! 
  With these finally finished I thought I could start on my Christmas knitting but I found out today that I first have to do a couple of baby hats for cousins's grandchildren due in the next few month.  That won't take long...I hope...and then there's the pair of socks (one is finished) that I owe a friend from the shop for doing me a favor this summer.  I'm just hoping I can get to Christmas presents by Dec.1st!
  Oh, just a reminder, Cooper Country Crafts will hold it's annual Holiday Open House beginning on Black Friday, Nov.29 thru Sunday, Dec. 1st.  There will be refreshments, secret discounts and I'm sure you'll find that unique item for someone special on your holiday list among our hand-crafted treasures.  And a %-age of all purchases will be donated to the local Food Pantry thru Dec. 7th.  Just remember, Doubleday Parking Lot is closed right now due to construction so the easiest way to get to the shop is via Doubleday Court from Chestnut St...right across from Cooperstown's Fire Station.  


Christmas Specials:


These nifty animal helmets are available for kids 6-10 years old.  They are hand-knit with 100% acrylic yarn and lined with 100% cotton flannel.

   And don't forget my original Snowpeople sweaters! These are size 4's and hand-knit with 100% wash
and dryable acrylic yarn but they are also available sizes 2 and 6.  They're just too cute to be called 'ugly' sweaters, aren't they? 
   Both animal helmets and snowpeople sweaters can be special ordered for Christmas delivery in your choice of characters and colors and mailed to your destination.  Prepaid orders are shipped postage free!  This offer is good until Dec. 2nd when placed thru the shop!!

No comments: