Sunday, June 23, 2019

Another Automotive Experience

     I was suppose to work in the shop today and was all set with a tote bag full of stock:  a size 4 v-neck 
Navy BB sweater
Pink Fair Isle Buntng
sweater , a baby bunting set, several hats and a pair of little girls' leg warmers. My display would be filled in very nicely, but as they say
Little Girls'Leg Warmers
the all good plans can go astray.  I had to stop for gas at Stewart's in Herkimer because yesterday Jeff went fishing in Little Falls.  First he went to the Lock where we fished in the past but fishing access is no more.  The bike path has been expanded from Mohawk to Little Falls along the canal and all the shady fishing spots are gone. Then he went to the boat launch in Little Falls just in time to get settled with his poles in the water when a family party invaded his peaceful fishing spot. Add high water and swift current due to the heavy rain we've been having to the number of kids running around the boat launch site and fishing was not very good.
   When Jeff got home around 7:30, he was tired and disappointed but he handed over $$ for me to fill the gas tank today.  I had hoped there would be enough gas left to get to Richfield Springs because gas at Stewart's there is .05 cheaper than in Herkimer but the red light came on while I was going thru town and I didn't want to chance it.  Good thing I didn't because after I got gas at Stewart's in Herkimer I couldn't get my car to start again.  I called Jeff who said to call Dave and have him come and jump it.  I did but had to wait 3 hours for Dave to get there because he was on a call in Syracuse.  
   While I waited for Dave and the tow truck I finished the book I was reading, Light Over London, a novel about a WW-II era diary, the young woman who wrote it and the young woman who found it 50 yrs later, called Judy so the shop would still be open, called Jeff several times for moral support and finally did some knitting on my Pin-stripe Hoodie, a navy and white hooded sweater in Red Heart's Soft Navy and White with baseball buttons.  The hood, sleeves and ribbing around the neck will be navy and while the fronts and back of the sweater will be white with navy pin-stripes.  I haven't decided yet if it will be a cardigan or a pullover with a Henley neck opening or if it will be a size 4 or 6.  I make 2 or 3 of these pin-stripe sweaters every year and they always sell.  Go, Yankees!! 
   Dave finally got there around 11:30 and decided to tow the car back to the shop.  I got to ride in the tow truck and after I got home I called Ward in the shop to thank him for working today.  Now I think I'm going to find something for lunch and maybe take a nap.  Can't wait til Dave calls with the explanation.  I'm exhausted and I didn't do anything.

Mon., 6/24/19:  Dave just called.  The Forester needs a new starter and there's a leak in the cooling system.  Price to fix starting at $214 and where it ends depends on where the leak is.  That's the way Subaru's age...part by part.  This one has 230,000 miles on it (making it middle aged).  It should last another 100,000 miles--all my other Subaru's lasted over 300,000 miles!  Time to start praying to St Christopher!?!?!?
Wed., 6/26/19:  No leak in the cooling system of the Forester...just some loose joints!  Total price for the new starter and some antifreeze...$225.45.  Hillslide Auto Repair on West Main St in Little Falls...can't be beat!!!)  

No comments: