Friday, May 10, 2019

The Calendar Says May But....

   Officially, the calendar says it's May but it sure hasn't felt like that around here.  The temperature outside today is in the 40-50 degree range and it's been raining all morning.  Not a very comfortable day.  We haven't done a thing outside yet...and we've never been this late in getting the outside work started!  
   The week we were stranded at home I had started walking down to the mailbox every day and adding extra distance beyond slowly.  I had planned to be able to walk up to Rte 5 in about 2 or 3 weeks.  (Remember, walking one way is fine but I have to walk back home, too.)  Then it started to rain again and my knees and my old tib and fib break started to ache...which they do occasionally...so I was taking it slowly.  I had achy knees for the last week and the thought walking let alone raking leaves and picking up branches just doesn't appeal to me at all.  My knees...and right ankle...hurt so much I didn't even get much sleep!  Laying down didn't help at all!  I had been using the cream, Voltaren, that our doctor has prescribed and that worked part of the time but I'm suppose to use it only twice a day so when it wore off I was in trouble!  And then the tube started to get empty.  I called the pharmacy to renew the Rx and of course, the script had expired so it took a couple of days to get it renewed.  When the pharmacy finally called to say the Rx was ready I was surprised find out that the cost of the tube had gone from $51 down only to $20 (that's with insurance!).  I'm not sure it's worth it.  Jeff has the same Rx and doesn't find it the least bit helpful so he gave me his tube...about 3/4 full.  I may just wait until I am totally out of it before filling the Rx.
   I did manage to find some relief by putting a pillow under my knees when I went to bed.  I didn't think it would make a difference but it did!  So for the last 3-4 days I haven't used the Voltaren and haven't had any pain.  We'll see how long this lasts.  Boy, talk about feeling like an old!  I could hardly walk!!  
  In the meantime I've been working on a sweater order I got...a size 2 hoodie for a boy with front zipper.  It's done in Red Heart's Paddy Green, a washable acrylic, with a train in rainbow colors just above the waist ribbing.  Baby things haven't been selling very well in the shop so far this month.  Last month hats were a good seller but so far this month...nothing!  Hopefully, it will all change by Memorial Day!

No comments: