Friday, May 24, 2019

Is is the end of May or April???

     Just back from a trip to the shop to stock my display.  The weather was not the greatest when I left home around 11 am, cloudy and chilly (temp in the mid 50's) and it did not get any better on the way to Cooperstown.  Traffic was light and it seemed there were more cars coming up the hill out of town than behind or in front of me as I drove into Cooperstown.  The corner of Rte 28 and Chestnut St was a traffic nightmare and after waiting several minutes trying to turn left I gave up and turned right and went around the block.  It was much easier turning east onto Chestnut St from Susquehanna St!  The parking lot at the shop was empty...except for the Anita's car...and the main parking lot for Doubleday Field was closed because tomorrow is the Old Timers' Game and the work crews were busy setting up vendor tents.  
   I filled the spaces in my display with what I had brought with me.  The 2 baby sets I hung on the 
wall at the back of the display.  They are both size 6 mo.  The one on the left is knit with Patons' Astra in Aran and the one on the right is done with Bernat Softee Baby in Baby Denim Marble.  Both were worked on US 4 and 7's.  They are machine wash and dryable.
  I also brought down this baseball v-neck sweater
(below).  It is a size 2 and is worked on US. 4 and 7's

with Red Heart acrylic worsted in Cherry Red.
It too is machine wash and dryable.  I especially liked the way the baseball looks knit into
the front of the sweater.
And I brought down 3 baby baseball hats.  I originally made them to fit
babies up to 1 yr old but last year started to make some a little bigger...to fit 2-3 yr olds.  They are
knit on US 7's with Red Heart acrylic worsted in white.
   My display looked pretty full when I was finished putting these things up!  Now if they would only sell!!
   After visiting with Anita for awhile I started for home.  It had warmed up a little but it had also started to rain...or drizzle.  It was a boring ride but again, traffic wasn't too heavy.  
   When I got to Herkimer, I made a quick stop at Walmart.  The new layout of the store is still rather confusing and a lot of the shelves are empty or only partially filled.  I had to get bread and butter and luckily, remember to pick up a package of Solo cups.  (I'd rather throw them out than wash the few glass ones I have left!)  I wanted to get paper napkins but that shelf was empty!!  I got out of there fast and was home by 1 pm to be met at the door by Zoey! I should clean house a little but I really feel like taking a nap.  (Jeff and both dogs already are!)  The one thing I know I'm not going to do today is knit.  My left thumb joint is so sore...I've even been wearing my brace to bed the last 3 nights!  I think I deserve a day off!!

No comments: