Tuesday, February 19, 2019

It's Still Winter

    I had an  appointment this morning to have my taxes done with the volunteers from AARP at the Ilion Library.  I've been using this service since I worked at the Herkimer Library and have always gotten good service...and a good tax refund.  (This year was no different!)  But I was a little apprehensive about being able to get out of our driveway...with all the snow we've been getting we've been snowed in for 2 to 4 days at a stretch after each storm.  Jeff had some Rx's he had to have refilled, too,  so we decided to try and get out yesterday.  He finally got the walk-behind snow blower running (it needed a couple of shear pins) but the snow pile in front of the car was so heavy and hard...frozen...he had a difficult time getting thru it.  In the end he just drove the Forrester out and in a couple of times and that opened up a path to what our neighbor had cleared earlier.  
   When our neighbor had opened up the road yesterday from his house to the mailbox he didn't turn the blower as he went by our driveway so he added snow to what was already on the ground in front of and on our car.  Jeff was not pleased but that's what the guy does every time he clears the road.  Nice and neighborly, huh?  He keeps saying he's going to go south for the winter...but never does...and if he ever manages to do so Jeff says he's not going to worry about clearing the road all the way down to his house.   I'm not worried about a neighborly war because I don't think he'll ever go south for the winter...it would cost him $$ he doesn't want to part with.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Anyway, we got out and when we came home I backed the Forrester in from the mailboxes to in front of our garage and then back into the space between the house and the garage...like I did after the last storm.  (It worked again and the car ended up in the right spot facing out.)  This morning I drove out without any problems and backed in again from the mailboxes.  This allowed me to widen the tire tracks where the car is parked making it easier to get to and from the car but it was still interesting getting back to the steps.
   The sun is shining and it looks beautiful outside but it is very cold with temperatures only in the teens.  Tomorrow the temperature is suppose to be warmer...in the 40's...with rain, but get cold again for the end of the week.  I think this is the way winter is going to end...but I'll take the end of winter any way I can!! 
    I think it's going to be a good day to stay home and knit.  I want to finish these size 6 sweaters and get their photos posted.  It's all mindless knitting so it should go pretty fast.  Jeff is waiting for a call from the pharmacy that the Rx he needed to have a new 'scrip for is ready so he can go down and pick it up but I think I'll stay home and knit!

No comments: