Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Lazy Winter Weekend

My stalled sweater
The Shawl
      It's been a lazy weekend.  I worked on a size 2 'Flowers and Lace' raglan from the neck down sweater in Red Hearts Pretty 'n Pink on circular US7's for awhile.  Got almost to the underarms but lost interest in it. Then I went back to a shawl I was doing in a sock weight blue cotton and acrylic blend, also on a US7.  I was suppose to be increasing 1 st in the first 2 and last 2 stitches and at the same time doing a yo before and after the center stitch.  Some how I goofed up and ended up with 4 stitches more on 1 side!  I frogged back about 3" but by that time I couldn't see straight and couldn't count the stitches so I put that aside.  Jeff asked if I'd make him a balaclava (a hood) that he could wear when he's working outside.  They're not difficult so I said I would.  Just got to find the motivation to start...and finish...it!  At least the weather's cooperating and there temperatures will be in the 40's most of this week...another January thaw...so he won't need it this week!
    Jeff knows he's not suppose to indulge in baked goods...a cookie now and then, maybe he can get away with but anything else...?  Anyway, yesterday he came home with a red velvet cake mix and a can of coconut and pecan frosting.  I made them today and I don't think they will last long!  But, boy, is that frosting tasty!!  Jeff has an appointment with pain management this week and if they give him a steroid injection, his AC1 will be out of control!  And that's no matter what he eats!!
  

No comments: