Friday, January 13, 2017

A January Day

  The steroid shot seems to be working!  I haven't had any pain in my ankle since getting the injection last Friday.  The 'flush' I experienced lasted for a couple of days...over the weekend and into this week...before starting to fade and lessen.  I called the orthopedist office on Monday and had to leave a message (no one in).  They called back Wednesday and asked a lot of questions.  The flush is a 'somewhat' normal side effect and as long as I wasn't bothered by it, just watch how long it lasted and if it got worse.... On the whole, the steroid is working and I would recommend it to anyone with arthritis
forming in a healed/broken bone.  Now I just have to wait and see how long it lasts.  Oh, I knew I was 'favoring' my right leg and that was causing my left knee (where the meniscus had been torn/repaired) to hurt.  Since the injection the pain in the left knee has lessen.  There is probably arthritis in that knee and when I go back for another steroid injection I'm going to ask about one for the left knee, too.
   I also seem to have a good case of 'startists'...you know, start one project and then leave it on the needles and start another.  Good thing my US7 circulars are interchangeable needles and I have several connecting wires or strings!  I think I have 2 or 3 projects waiting to be finished...but without any motivation to finish any of them!  Not to mention what I want to start!!  All I've managed to finish is 1 pair of socks for me!  Got to get down to business...only 81 days until the shop opens for the season!
   We've been having a 'January Thaw' with some rain and most of the snowpack is gone.  It looks lousy outside...patches of brown leaves, down branches and mud with a few spots of old snow here and there.  But...it's cold outside!!  The sun is bright and the temperature is 28 but the wind is strong and it feels like 19!  A good day to stay inside by the fire.  Oh, damn.  Almost out of wood so one of us has to go fill the wood bags.  Gee, I wonder if I can get Jeff to do it?????   Last night Fanny got up from beside me, walked over to Jeff and started to dance and whine until he left her out.  Too bad I can't get the wood bags to do that.
Why hold up your head?  That's what furniture is for!
Fanny fell asleep looking out the window. 
What a life that dog has!!

(Today is the 103rd anniversary of my mom's birth, 1/13/1914.  Miss you, Mom.)




  

No comments: