Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy 4th!

      Another July 4th rolled around and we celebrated...just not as wildly as we did in the past!  No boat ride to watch the fireworks and no bonfire to sit around afterwards.  Instead I invited Jeff's sister and my cousin to dinner and cooked too much.  Sherry stayed home with a sinus headache...the rain got to her...but Ed came over and the 3 of us had a good time.  We even watched the fireworks from NYC in the comfort of our TV room...with dry, soft chairs and no mosquitoes!   And the leftovers were enjoyed for supper tonight after Jeff spent the day putting another filter on the water system and moving the outside faucet and I spent the day in the shop in Cooperstown.  
   After supper Jeff and I walked down to Wally's house and tried to get Fanny to go with us.  She's tried to go past the fence on her own but has always been stopped by one of us so we thought she'd be excited to walk past it with us.  But no, it didn't work that way.  She went about 5 feet beyond the fence and that was as far as she was going.  She watched us go down to Wally's and go up on his deck before turning around and going home!  She was a little upset when we came back home and carried on for a few minutes...almost telling us off!  I guess she really knows the meaning of 'stay in the yard'.
   I had sent several baby hats and a couple of sweaters to the shop with Steve last week so they'd be available for the weekend (things don't sell well from the project bag next to my chair in the TV room) and I was surprised this morning to see what had sold.  I had plenty of hats to fill in my display but I've got to get busy and make some more sweaters.  I tried to start one tonight but I'm too tired and I'm making too many mistakes.  I think I'll try to do my  one-and-only pin-stripe sweater of the season this week.  The sweater is easy...just a solid white, v-neck, raglan from the neck down cardigan.  What makes it special are the pin-stripes that are embroidered over the whole thing.  What a pain they are to do, too!  All the ends that have to be worked in...uck!  BUT...Induction Weekend for the Baseball Hall of Fame is July 25-26 and that sweater usually sells then.  Any famous Yankees or Mets being inducted?

No comments: