Thursday, July 9, 2015

New Camera and Other Things

Looking down the garden over the potatoes. 

That's corn in front of the greenhouse...with the hole in the roof!
    June was exceptionally good to me in Cooperstown this year so I decided to spend a little money and buy a new camera.  Monday morning I went to Kmart to see what they had in the store. (Walmart doesn't carry Kodak digital cameras). They didn't have the model I wanted in stock so when I got home I went online and ordered a Kodak PIXPRO FZ151...regularly priced at $129.99 but on sale for $79.99 with free shipping!...from the Kmart website.  It arrived this morning and I immediately screwed up the date/time mode but managed to take these 2 photos of the garden.  It's a little heavier than the other Kodak digital I had but feels good in my hand.  I didn't have too much trouble downloading the photos, either.  I haven't figured out the memory card bit...after 3 photos the camera told me the memory was full!!  I can't put the disc that came with the camera in this pc coz this HP doesn't read discs...that's why Len gave it to me.  (It's a rebuilt/used pc that he bought to watch dvd's on and when he found out it won't read a disc he decided not to keep it and gave it to me!)  I'll have Jeff take the disc home and play it on his pc and then explain everything to me. (Jeff keeps saying that after working at the library for nearly 15 years I should have more computer savvy than I do. But I always say we were told to not to try to fix a machine ourselves but to call the Techs.  He's my Tech now.) My tech just asked me if I had put in a memory chip...oops, I had forgotten it...and suddenly the camera has lots of memory space.  But he is going to try to transfer the info from the disc that came with the camera to a stick.  6:12pm, 7/9/15
    The potato tops have started to limp up and die back...a sign that it's almost time to harvest them!  Jeff checked the white potatoes and he found one about 2 1/2" long near the surface.  The reds and blues he found were much smaller...but the greens weren't limp yet.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll get a good crop.  One of the zucchini plants died...there were 6...so we're still hoping for some of them to produce fruit. And there are a lot of banana peppers!!!
   Lunch break is over.  Time to get back to the knitting! 

No comments: